Car accidents are scary, but nothing is worse than being involved in a hit-and-run accident when the other driver flees the scene without stopping to provide contact information. While you may be at a loss of how to proceed in what appears to be an impossible situation, all hope is not lost. By taking the proper steps immediately after the incident, you can successfully obtain the compensation you deserve and even maximize the chances of catching the offending driver.
If you find yourself in this position and unsure of what to do, make sure you take the following crucial steps:
- Pull over to safety, turn your hazard lights on, and take a deep breath. Do not panic or attempt to chase down the other vehicle.
- Call 911 immediately and request an ambulance as needed. Even if you don’t have a description or license plate number of the vehicle, it is important for law enforcement to arrive upon the scene.
- Gather as much photographic evidence as possible, including photos of any vehicle damage, street signs, road markings, intersections, or other essentials.
- Look for any witnesses and obtain their contact information.
- Seek further medical attention if necessary, as your doctor’s expert findings will provide insight into the severity of your accident.
- Report the crash to your insurance company as it may cover injury expenses, damages, and other losses.
- Enlist the services of a trusted attorney. The sooner you call, the more effective his or her impact can be on the outcome of your claim.
Contact Our Highly Experienced & Skilled Car Accident Attorneys Today
Are you a victim of another’s negligence, recklessness, or misconduct? If you or a loved one has been involved a car accident with a driver who fled the scene, there is no time to waste before you enlist the services of our dedicated and compassionate team at Rafi Law Group. We understand the aftermath of an unexpected accident or injury can be incredibly traumatic and draining, which is why our distinguished legal team will fight Car accidents are scary, but nothing is worse than being involved in a hit and run accident when the other driver flees the scene without stopping to provide contact information. While this may seem like an impossible situation, all hope is not lost. Read our blog to learn what to do and how we can help.for the most successful outcome possible.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience by calling 623.207.1555 to schedule an appointment today.