Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can be life-altering, affecting not only the victim but also their loved ones. If you or a loved one has suffered a TBI in Arizona due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing, you may be entitled to compensation. At Rafi Law Group, PLLC, we have extensive experience representing clients who have suffered TBIs and other catastrophic injuries. Our team of skilled attorneys is committed to helping you obtain the justice and financial recovery you deserve after such a life-changing injury.
We know how to help TBI clients in settlement negotiations, litigation, and more. Call (623) 207-1555 now.
How TBIs Happen in Accidents
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can be caused by a variety of accidents or incidents, such as:
- Falls: Falls are the leading cause of TBIs, especially among young children and older adults. Falls can occur in many different settings, including homes, workplaces, and public places.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Car crashes, motorcycle accidents, and other motor vehicle collisions are significant causes of TBIs.
- Violence: Assaults and other acts of violence can result in TBIs from blows to the head or neck.
- Workplace accidents: Workers in certain industries such as construction or manufacturing may be at increased risk for TBIs due to falls or being struck by falling objects.
- Medical malpractice: Certain medical conditions such as strokes or aneurysms can be caused by medical malpractice, which in turn, can trigger TBIs.
- Explosions or blasts: Military service members and others who have been exposed to explosions or blasts may suffer from TBIs as a result of the force of the blast.
It is important to take steps to prevent traumatic brain injuries whenever possible by practicing safety measures such as wearing helmets during sports activities or when riding bikes, using seat belts while driving, and taking precautions to avoid falls in homes and workplaces. If a TBI is suffered by someone who didn’t cause the accident, then the situation could call for legal action against the liable party.
Common TBI Symptoms
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can have a wide range of symptoms and consequences, depending on the severity of the injury, as well as what part of the brain has been damaged.
Common symptoms of a TBI include:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Memory loss
- Difficulty concentrating
- Seizures or convulsions
- Slurred speech
- Weakness or numbness in the extremities
- Coma or vegetative state
The consequences of a TBI can be significant and long-lasting. For some individuals, a TBI may result in permanent disability or fatal complications. Even those who recover from a TBI may experience ongoing physical and cognitive challenges that affect their daily lives.
In addition to the physical and cognitive challenges associated with TBIs, there are often emotional consequences as well. Individuals who suffer TBIs may experience depression, anxiety, mood swings, or irritability as they struggle to adjust to their new reality.
Treatments for TBIs
There are a variety of treatments available to help people who have suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI). The specific treatment plan will depend on the severity and nature of the injury, as well as the individual's overall health and medical history.
Different treatments to alleviate TBI symptoms can include:
- Medication to manage symptoms such as headaches or seizures.
- Physical therapy to improve mobility and coordination.
- Speech therapy to address communication difficulties.
- Cognitive rehabilitation to help with memory loss and other cognitive impairments.
In more severe cases, surgery may be necessary to relieve pressure on the brain or repair damage caused by the injury. In addition, some individuals may require ongoing care from a team of medical professionals including doctors, nurses, therapists, and in-home care specialists.
A full program of TBI treatments can be prohibitively expensive, especially when years of special care are needed. Medical bills can quickly add up, leaving families struggling to pay for necessary treatment and care. This is why it is important to team up with the Arizona TBI attorneys of Rafi Law Group, PLLC. We understand the financial strain that TBIs can place on families, so we never stop fighting for every penny and dollar owed to our clients.
“I was very pleased with their work, they were very helpful and supportive, would absolutely recommend it. They kept me updated on every single detail of my case and were very informative.” - Kaitlin G.
“The Staff here are very understanding and ready to help! Everything was explained to me in detail and they made sure I understood. I have the utmost appreciation and respect for Rafi Law Group!” - Priscilla A.
“They offer speedy service and are very friendly. They keep you updated through every step of your case. If you need a Law Group that will work hard for you, choose Rafi Law Group because they get the job done.” - Jennifer C.
“I was unsure about my accident and didn’t know if I would get compensated for my injuries. The team at Rafi gave me peace of mind. Shout out to Daniel, Jaimie, Jessica and anyone else I forgot that helped along the process. Professional and courteous” - Suriya S.
“Great people, fantastic service, very streamlined. After my accident, they were there to help me and I could not be happier with their performance.” - Jared H.
If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury due to someone else's mistake, speak to an experienced Arizona TBI lawyer from Rafi Law Group, PLLC now. attorney. We are here to help you navigate the complex legal process of filing and managing a claim, so we can be sure that your rights are protected every step of the way. No matter how much compensation you are owed and who owes it, we will be ready to stand up for you in and out of court.