Most of us do not spend much time with attorneys or reading up on personal injury law. Unless it is part of your profession, this is likely to be something you will only encounter if you decide to pursue a personal injury lawsuit. Success in such cases can lead to compensation that can cover costly medical expenses, lost time from work, missed wages, and more. However, before you get started, it would be wise to debunk some of the myths about personal injury law that you might believe are true.
To shed some clarity on the path ahead, read below to debunk some of the most common personal injury myths:
- Simply talking to a personal injury attorney is expensive: Actually, reputable law firms, such as the Rafi Law Group, PLLC, provide free initial consultations for prospective clients. This way you can learn more about what an attorney can do for you without worrying about paying any upfront legal fees. In fact, we also operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you will not owe us a dime until we win your case, giving you the chance to focus on recovering while a legal professional handles your case.
- The at-fault party will have to pay out-of-pocket for my injuries: You might be worried about the at-fault party having to pay for your compensation, but the fact is that usually, profitable insurance companies pay for these claims. Even if you are filing a claim against a company rather than a person, that entity will also have insurance covering them, which will be responsible for paying out a claim.
- Minor injuries are not a good enough reason to speak with an attorney: No matter how minor you believe your injuries to be, it is possible that they can get worse. Oftentimes, symptoms and effects of an injury do not present themselves right away, so err on the side of caution and cover all of your bases by visiting a doctor and speaking with an attorney about your legal options. Even a minor injury is going to incur some costs, which is a burden you might not want to bear.
- You can file a personal injury claim at any time: Every state has a statute of limitations and when that time frame runs out, you will be forever barred from seeking compensation for that particular incident and injuries. Understand the statute of limitations and speak with an attorney as soon as possible to make sure you do not miss out on the chance to seek justice.
- You will have more than one chance to be compensated for your injuries: After your personal injury case settles or a verdict is reached in court, the result is usually final. There are no second chances.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Phoenix
If you or a loved one was severely injured in an accident caused by the negligent or careless actions of another party, now is the time obtain the skilled legal representation you need to recover the compensation you deserve. At Rafi Law Group, PLLC, our Arizona team of personal injury attorneys are dedicated to standing up for the injured against big insurance companies.
Contact us today at (623) 300-1151 to schedule a free consultation.