The aftermath of a car accident is stressful and those involved are usually left feeling quite shaken by the event. That said, it is important to try to remain calm and to try to collect as much evidence as possible. While personal accounts of what occurred can be disputed and dissected, pictures offer a more solid form of evidence that can provide the support you need for your personal injury claim. Of course, nothing is more crucial at the scene of an accident than making sure everyone is okay and calling for emergency medical assistance, if necessary. Once you have made sure everyone is safe, you can begin to take some pictures.
Below is a list of helpful tips on how to take the most effective pictures after a car accident:
- Take pictures from as many angles as possible. You might end up with some duplicates or photos that are simply unnecessary, but it is much better to have more to select from than to realize later on that you did not take enough. You can always delete the ones you do not need, but you will never get another chance to take photos of the aftermath again, so take as many as you can while you have the chance.
- Take pictures of the entire scene, including the cars involved, nearby signs, and the road. You will also take more detailed shots, but it is also important to get a wide shot of the whole scene.
- Take pictures of the cars involved in the accident. Take shots that are far away to show their position at the time of the accident, but also take close-up photos of any of the damage either vehicle sustained. Be sure to also photograph the license plates to verify that the vehicles, in fact, do belong to the parties involved.
- Take pictures of your injuries. Not all injuries are visible, but if you have any that are, such as cuts or bruises, be sure to photograph them. You should continue to photograph any visible injuries as time passes. If others are injured and they consent to be photographed, you should take pictures of their injuries as well.
- Take pictures of those involved in the accident and witnesses at the scene. It can be easy to forget faces as time goes on, so having pictures will allow you to better connect faces with statements.
Car Accident Attorney in Phoenix
At the Rafi Law Group, PLLC, our experienced Phoenix car accident attorney is dedicated to representing accident victims and fighting for fair and just compensation on their behalf. If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by a negligent driver, you need to reach out to us today for the legal help you deserve during this difficult time. Reach out to our law firm today.
Get started on your case and call the Rafi Law Group, PLLC at (623) 300-1151 to schedule your free initial case evaluation.